‘Jersey Shore’ Star Mike Sorrentino Announces He’s Expecting Second Child With Wife Lauren • Hollywood Entertainment News


Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino’s family is expanding, with the reality star having taken to Instagram to announce that he and his wife Lauren are expecting their second child together. The 40-year-old shared the news with his fans on Sunday in a post that read, “We have an amazing announcement!! We’re a growing family! Baby on the way 🤰🏼 January 2023 🤍God is Good 🙏🏼”

In the doting snapshot, Mike and his wife are seen posing in their backyard with their one-year-old son Romeo Reign, who they welcomed back in May 2021. Mike and his significant other have known each other since college when they first dated one another. For their wedding in 2018, the pair celebrated their big day with a string of “Jersey Shore” cast members, including Nicole Polizzi, Jenni Farley, Ronnie Ortiz Magro, and Pauly D.

RELATED: Ronnie Ortiz-Magro From MTV’s Jersey Shore Takes Plea Deal In Domestic Violence Case Against Jen Harley

News of Lauren’s pregnancy comes just two years after the latter revealed she had suffered a miscarriage in November 2019, which prevented them from starting a family following Mike’s release from prison a few months prior. He served eight months in prison after being convicted of tax evasion.

“It was heart-wrenching. When I found out we were pregnant, I felt like this is why we went through all these challenges for years and that this was our time and it was our blessing,” Mike’s wife said during an interview on Strahan, Sara & Keke.

Mike, too, was just as devastated by the loss as fatherhood had been something he had thought about for a long time, he told Entertainment Tonight. While the idea of enduring a miscarriage had never even crossed his mind after learning about Lauren’s pregnancy, the TV star said he turned to faith and religion in hopes that things would work out for the pair if they were to try for a baby again.

“We had no experience in dealing with this particular situation,” Mike explained. “We kind of relied on our faith and we looked at each other for support, and I said, ‘Honey, we’ve been through some rough situations in life — prison, addiction. What did we do?’ And pretty much what we did was we picked ourselves up, we dusted ourselves off, and went right back to the basics.”

“We’re going to keep trying. We can’t wait until that happens, and we’re very excited to start that chapter, and we’re moving forward.”

RELATED: ‘Jersey Shore’ Stars Are Not Supporting MTV’s Decision To Reboot The Show With An All-New Cast

Meanwhile, Mike and his cast members recently lashed out at MTV after the network announced plans to launch a reboot of their iconic reality show with a new line-up.

But by the statement made by the OGs on Twitter, they were furious about not only being kept in the dark about the move but also because they think it was a cheapskate attempt to lure in viewers by exploiting a series the likes of Nicole and Jenni and Pauly D had turned into a reality TV phenomenon.

“As a cast that took a chance with a network in need, we put our most vulnerable moments on television for the world to see,” they said. “We gave our all over the past 13 years, became a family, and continue to open our lives to the world. So please understand that we are not in support of a version that will exploit our original show, our hard work and authenticity to gain viewers.”

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.jshttps://platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js

Originally published at hollywoodunlocked.com

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Recent Articles