If you’re ready to experience the mysteries of Jordan Peele’s Nope once again, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment announced that they will release the movie on Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD on October 25th. Nope will also receive a Digital release on September 20th.
Nope stars Daniel Kaluuya (Get Out) and Keke Palmer (Hustlers) as residents in a lonely gulch of inland California who bear witness to an uncanny and chilling discovery. Steven Yeun (Minari) and Michael Wincott (Westworld) also star in the film. The special features of the Bluray and 4K UItra HD releases of Nope include:
- Shadows: The Making of Nope — Unpack the meaning of NOPE with Jordan Peele. Secrets are revealed with this 56-minute immersion exploring the film’s unanswered questions, taking you on an intimate journey inside every aspect of production and offering a detailed look at Peele’s revolutionary filmmaking process.
- Deleted Scenes –Watch five unreleased scenes from Nope.
- Gag Reel –A highlight reel of bloopers and outtakes featuring main cast.
- Call Him Jean Jacket– The object of the Haywood siblings’ fascination is an entity known only as “Jean Jacket.” Filmmakers provide insights into the conception, design, and execution of this mysterious organism.
- Mystery Man of Muybridge– A deep dive into The Horse In Motion by Eadweard Muybridge, its relationship to the Haywoods, and how it relates to the larger themes in Nope.
Audiences have been unpacking the mysteries of Nope since its release, and there could be even more on the cutting room floor. While speaking with Collider, Jordan Peele said, “I can neither confirm nor deny anything of the sort. It’s like, ‘Oh, shit.’ There’s been a lot of response to people sort of finding things in the trailer that aren’t in the actual movie. I can say, I do think people will see more in the future. That’s kind of all I really can say. I’m hopeful.” Peele added that “There’s a lot of enthusiasm clearly to sort of dig into the layers of this film… It’s telling a story and the pieces of the puzzle that feel like they’re missing upon another viewing, reveal themselves to not be missing. And so I’m very energized by the fact that people want more from this story.” You can check out a review of Nope from our own JimmyO right here.
Will you be adding Nope to your Bluray or 4K Ultra HD collection?
Originally published at www.joblo.com