Cuba Gooding Jr breaks his silence since groping scandal on Piers Morgan Uncensored


Cuba Gooding Jr has spoken for the first time after he pleaded guilty to forcibly touching a woman.

The 54-year-old Oscar-winner was interviewed on Piers Morgan Uncensored, available to stream on Flash, where he reflected on his groping scandal.

“The World knows, I pled guilty for the count of forcible touching, kissed a waitress. So, that’s that,” the Jerry Maguire actor told the Sky News host.

“I’m not here to shame anybody or to, you know, take (on) any of these women who have made their statements.

“But it is one of those moments where I look back and I say, ‘How did you find yourself in this scenario, in this situation?’

“It’s like I said in court, I don’t want anybody to feel that they’ve been treated inappropriately or harassed by me in any way. I love my fans. I love men and women, all of my fans.

“You don’t want to let down those who have supported you and brought you where you’re at and my family, my friends who are responsible for the success that I have today.

“You feel a guilt and you get through that and you work on ways to improve yourself.”

Stream Piers Morgan Uncensored first on Flash, Tuesday to Saturday. Flash gives you 25+ news channels in 1 place. New to Flash? Try 1 month free. Offer available for a limited time only >

Gooding said he had “100 per cent changed” since his conviction.

“I don’t want this to stop me connecting with my fans,’’ he said. “I don’t want this to stop me connecting with the gregarious behaviour in terms of the positive energy that I have.

“I’m 10 times more aware of what is going on around me and I just use that as my focus.”

The Boyz n the Hood star faced six counts of sexual abuse and forcible touching — copped to a misdemeanour forcible touching charge in Manhattan Criminal Court for non-consensually kissing a woman at a nightclub in 2018, Page Six reported.

Back in April, Gooding avoided jail time after he pleaded guilty to a lesser charge in his Manhattan sex abuse case.

The plea deal, which allows the actor to keep working, requires him to continue treatment for alcohol abuse, according to the Manhattan District Attorney’s office.

If he complies with the terms of the deal, the charge will be reduced to a non-criminal violation in six months.

Gooding had faced up to a year behind bars for groping three women at Manhattan hot spots in 2018 and 2019.

He was first arrested in June 2019 for allegedly squeezing a 30-year-old woman’s breast at the Moxy Hotel in Times Square.

The actor was also charged with pinching the buttocks of TAO Downtown server Natasha Ashworth in October 2018 and subjecting a woman to “sexual contact without consent” at LAVO Nightclub on the Upper East Side.

Gooding had initially pleaded not guilty to the three separate alleged incidents, and his trial was repeatedly pushed back due to Covid-19.

Last month, the Men of Honor star was ordered to pay Ms Ashworth $US80,000 ($A118,400) in a civil lawsuit that he never responded to in court, according to the New York Post.

Ms Ashworth won a default judgement against the disgraced actor in June after the suit progressed for nearly two years without him responding to it.

– with Page Six

Originally published at www.news.com.au

Recent Articles

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here