Research says that chronic inflammation is a major contributor for weight gain and obesity and it can also trigger various disease conditions such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Antioxidants, that we consume through our diet, helps to fight obesity by neutralizing free radicals that damage cells. Studies have shown that diets high in antioxidant-rich foods can help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, which may in turn help prevent or manage obesity and related health conditions. Experts say, consuming fruits, in particular, help increase antioxidants naturally and reduce the risk of obesity associated with chronic inflammation. In this article, we list down 8 best antioxidant-rich fruits for healthy weight loss.
Why Having Fruits on a Daily Basis is Good For Weight Loss?
Fruits come packed with so many nutrients, most of them are low in calories and rank low on the GI index as well. Fruits can be consumed as a snack or added to dishes like fruit salad, smoothies, etc., to increase their nutritional value. Fruits are rich in fiber, which helps keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer periods of time. This can help you eat less overall and reduce your calorie intake without feeling deprived or hungry. Most importantly, many fruits are rich in antioxidants, which are compounds that help protect your body from oxidative stress and inflammation. A group of antioxidants in particular, called anthocyanins, has been found to reduce body fat!
Fruits are an important part of a healthy diet, especially during weight loss, for several reasons:
1. High in fiber: Fruits are rich in fiber, which helps keep you feeling full and satisfied for long. Fiber keeps a check on appetite. This nutrient helps you to eat less overall and reduce your calorie intake without feeling deprived or hungry.
2. Nutrient-dense: Fruits are packed with vitamins, minerals, and other important nutrients that your body needs to function properly. These nutrients are essential for maintaining good health and can also help support your weight loss goals by boosting metabolism.
3. Versatile: Fruits are incredibly versatile and can be added to a Sahu Newsof dishes, from salads to smoothies to desserts. The best way to have fruits is to eat them raw, without juicing. Also read: “Are Canned Fruits Good or Bad For Weight Loss?”
Now, here’s the list of 8 Best Antioxidant-Rich Fruits For Healthy Weight Loss:
1. Blueberries: These yummilicious berries have abundant antioxidants, particularly anthocyanins, which give them their distinctive blue color. They are low in calories, high in fiber and other nutrients, and studies have shown that regular intake of blueberries does help with weight loss. Also, do you know, frozen blueberries tend to have a higher amount of antioxidants than fresh ones?
2. Strawberries: There’s another reason to love strawberries now! These juicy berries are a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants, such as ellagic acid and anthocyanins.
3. Raspberries: Just like its cousins, blueberry and strawberry, raspberries too are a good source of antioxidants, particularly vitamin C and ellagic acid.
4. Pomegranates: Wondered why pomegranate is used in skincare extensively? Research has shown that pomegranate has strong anti-ageing properties due to the high antioxidants it packs together. There’s a category of antioxidants called polyphenols in pomegranates, particularly punicalagins, which protects against inflammation as wel.
5. Cherries: These sweet and tart fruits are a good source of antioxidants, particularly anthocyanins and quercetin, that help fight inflammation and improve heart health as well.
6. Red Apples: Apples are a great source of antioxidants, particularly flavonoids, which may help reduce inflammation and protect against chronic disease. The high fiber content also helps you fuller for longer.
7. Cranberries: Cranberries are low in calories, high in fiber, low in sugar, and rich in antioxidants, which can help protect the body against damage from free radicals. This can potentially help with weight loss by reducing inflammation in the body, which is a factor that can contribute to weight gain.
8. Plum: Prunes are rich in nutrients such as vitamin K, potassium, and antioxidants. Plums are rich in polyphenols, which are a type of antioxidant that can help protect the body against cellular damage caused by free radicals. They also contain carotenoids, which are a type of antioxidant that gives fruits and vegetables their bright colors These nutrients can help support overall health and weight loss by reducing inflammation in the body, which can contribute to weight gain.
Eating a Sahu Newsof fruits is the best way to ensure that you are getting a wide range of antioxidants in your diet. Most importantly, if weight loss is on your mind, do subscribe to the Rati beauty app for your weight loss diet plans.
20 Summer Fruits That Boost Weight Loss
Are Canned Fruits Good or Bad For Weight Loss?
Originally published at makeupandbeauty.com