Lisa Rinna’s eldest daughter, Delilah Belle Hamlin, is opening up about a recent health scare she experienced while shooting her debut single.
Speaking with entertainment Tonight on Friday, the 24-year-old model revealed that she suffered from a “painful” seizure on the second day of filming the video for her song Nothing Lasts Forever. She recalled to the outlet:
“On the second day of filming the music video, it was, like, nine hours into the day and I suffered from seizures… We don’t really know too much about them yet. Even though it’s been years, we’re still trying to figure it out. I ended up having a seizure on-set.”
Related: Justin Bieber Shares Update On Facial Paralysis After Ramsay Hunt Syndrome Diagnosis
Delilah described the incident as “scary painful,” noting that “it was probably one of the worst I’ve had in a while, but I had everyone I loved around me.” Despite the terrifying situation, the former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star thought it was “a beautiful thing,” and “was able to bring the emotion of that into filming the next day.” And at the end of the day, Delilah is “proud” of herself to push through after the incident:
“I’m like, I do this all the time. It’s so normal for me now. That I’m just like, ‘Okay, get up.’ When you don’t feel good, but you gotta do the day. Lisa’s always taught me [that] if you are, like dying, if you are vomiting, if you are throwing up, do the day. Go and do it. Show up for work. So I try. I always try my best. There are some days when I really can’t, but I try my best.”
As you may know, the social media influencer has been dealing with a bunch of health issues over the years – and hasn’t been shy about opening up about them with her fans. Delilah previously shared in January her struggles with several autoimmune and chronic illnesses, including Lyme disease, Epstein-Barr virus, encephalitis, and Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections. She said in a post on Instagram Stories at the time:
“I haven’t really spoken on my health lately, [and] if you’re new here you’re probably confused, but for the past few years I’ve been struggling with autoimmune/ chronic illness issues that I’ve been silently battling and overcoming. It’s definitely been tough mentally alongside physically. I’ve kind of kept quiet because I don’t want to be put in a ‘sick’ role.”
Back in November 2012, she was hospitalized when she accidentally overdosed after mixing the prescription medicine propranolol and Benadryl. Delilah also revealed that she became dependent on Xanax after a psychiatrist allegedly overprescribed her the medication – and she’s been sober ever since:
“I’ve faced a lot, overcome a lot, and I know that I’m going through this for a reason and that reason is to share what I’ve gone through and what I’ve learned with you.”
She has definitely been through a lot over the past couple of years when it comes to her health! We’re glad Delilah is OK after her scary seizure! Reactions, Perezcious readers? Let us know in the comments below.
[Image via MEGA/WENN ]
Originally published at perezhilton.com