Prince Harry will not be welcome at the Coronation of King Charles because senior family figures fear what they say will “end up in paperback”.
The Duke of Sussex, 38, has stunned the royals by revealing private conversations in his memoir, Spare, and in TV interviews this week, The Sun reports.
Now the families of Princess Anne, 72, and Prince Edward, 58, are concerned that private details of the Coronation will be exploited at a later date if Harry were to attend with his wife Meghan Markle.
The King and Kate Middleton were yesterday seen for the first time since Harry’s bombshell book hit the shelves.
Charles, 74, looked grim-faced behind the wheel of his car at his Scottish estate Birkhall, while Kate, 41, was spotted driving in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
There are now worries that the Coronation – which is just 16 weeks away – could turn into a Harry and Meghan circus.
Family members are concerned they would not feel comfortable speaking freely if the pair are there.
A source told The Sun: “There have been discussions among the family, including Edward and Anne. They do not want private conversations at the Coronation making it into the paperback edition of Spare.”
The concern comes after an online survey for The Sun revealed 78 per cent of 31,300 readers want the California-based couple to stay away from the historic day.
Princess Anne and Prince Edward are both guaranteed to be at the ceremony with their partners Vice Admiral Tim Laurence, 67, and Sophie Countess Wessex, 57.
Harry was paid an estimated $40 million for a four-book deal and his first memoir has delved into private behind-the-scenes conversations with his family.
The privacy of virtually none of the British royal family has been spared in the 407-page book, which was released earlier this week but leaked last Friday.
Readers were stunned by his accounts of a fight with William in his kitchen and conversations with his elder sibling and father.
Last year Meghan, 41, won her High Court battle after a newspaper printed extracts from a “private” letter she wrote to her estranged father Thomas Markle.
But Harry appeared to have no such privacy concerns when he shared text messages apparently sent by Kate to his wife amid the bridesmaid dress fitting row.
He writes that Kate texted Meghan to say “Charlotte’s dress is too big, too long, too baggy. She cried when she tried it on at home.”
Meghan snapped back: “Right, and I told you the tailor has been standing by since 8am. Here. At KP. Can you take Charlotte to have it altered, as the other mums are doing?”
“According to Harry’s version of events, Kate replied: ‘No, all the dresses need to be remade.’
The texts are at the heart of conflicting stories about who made who cry – which neither Kate nor William have ever spoken about.
Elsewhere among the bombshells, Harry details intensely private conversations with William and Charles during talks at Frogmore Cottage, Windsor, just an hour after Prince Philip’s funeral.
He documents clashing with William over the Sussexes’ Oprah Winfrey interview and describes how his father begged his sons “please, boys, don’t make my final years a misery”.
And he puts in print a frosty telephone conversation with his father who had been hit with the news that the Queen was close to death.
Harry writes that he called Charles who “told me I was welcome at Balmoral, but … without her (Meghan)”.
The memoir adds: “He started to explain his reasons, but they didn’t make any sense at all, and it was disrespectful as well.
“I did not tolerate it from him, don’t even think about talking about my wife like that.”
Elsewhere this week, Harry claimed that he wants “reconciliation” talks with his family.
He told ITV’s Tom Bradby: “I would like to get my father back, I would like to have my brother back.”
But he said he would now only speak to them again if it remained private.
Last month, we revealed that Charles had stopped taking Harry’s phone calls and asked him to email his personal assistant any requests.
According to insiders, Charles was warned by advisers that any phone calls or video chats could have been recorded and used by Harry for his Netflix series.
Another source said: “There has been a sense of concern from Charles’ side that anything discussed could be repeated or used in content that Harry will make public.”
In another TV interview on US’ 60 Minutes, Harry confessed that he had not spoken to Charles, William or Queen Consort Camilla for a long time.
It is understood that a final guest list for the Coronation has yet to be decided.
There will be around 2000 people inside Westminster Abbey when Charles is crowned alongside Camilla on May 6.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment.
This article originally appeared on The Sun and was reproduced with permission
Originally published at www.news.com.au